Saturday, September 26, 2026

Voice and Vision GALA Presentation Sept 25 Airdrie Public Library

 

Voice and Vision Project in Airdrie is an opportunioty for artist and writers to partner their creativity, pairs are randomly selected.  The Artist is given an excerpt from a writer and required to make a visual artwork and the writer is presented with apainting which they write about. Here are this years compilations.

On The Upside

Illustrating colours of childhood experience.

A lively child wearing vibrant pink overalls, bathed in sunlight, golden hair tousling with the movement of the swing; An inquisitive expression in her eyes looking out over the horizon. Her dreams a reality as she conquers her fears and forges ahead “up and away”.



Genesis to Infinity


 

Inspiration

This is my response piece to Ryan’s Poem The Breath of the World. I was elated to

receive this poem because I often ponder the same deep miraculous existence. The

Earth is so mysterious, so much greater than us—placed in the vastness of space,

ancient, enduring, intricate, alive. It is filled with movement, breath, life both visible

and unseen. We are here for such a brief moment, yet given the extraordinary gift to

witness and recognize that we are a small part of something so immense and

beautiful. And that we have been given this wonderful place to call home. The wonder

is that we too have been created by God to share in this incredible vision.

Description

I hoped to illustrate the the vision I had from the poem. I paint very literally like a story book with the writers thought process in mind.

Here I have the individual observing mountains stretched heavenward while the fog shields the connections of life below.

The miraculous hand of God as the dynamic to the creation of life. The soul individual a witness to the greatness of creation

and being a part of a divine plan

Technique

This is an oil painting, created in four portions, A blue (spacial) sky and glowing hand (to which my husband posed) as a

magical light wisps into the sunset. There are mountains peeking out over the fog and ravine, finally the individual bathed in

light painted in a cool yellow to offset the essence of light.

I honour the writer as his poem breathes life into the feeling of existence.

I cannot paint how we feel but hope the artwork consciously presents itself to you in the same awe inspiring way Ryan has

written.

Thank you for your time and I hope you can have the chance to view the all the artwork and read the author’s compilations as

the voice and vision project continues here in the library .

No comments:

Post a Comment